My Blog List

Monday, August 16, 2010

Objecting to objects

Dear Reader,

I figured out that, without realizing it, I've been thinking, that the objects in object oriented programming are records in a database. Except they aren't.

I have to remind myself of what I have figured out about the GUI, making my own simple program run in C, and that I can tear apart the code examples in the book and mostly understand what the author is doing. 


I've been going back and forth between chapters 6 - 9 of Goldstein's "Objective-C for Dummies" (I sure wish they wouldn't use the 'd' word, but this book has been working pretty well for me). My challenge right now, is that when I try to apply what he does to my own example, even when I try not to stray from what he has taught me so far, I get in a lot of trouble. I've given up on trying to understand, at this point, how to store or display a string as an object. Neil's with numbers. I'm with numbers. 

Oooff!

This morning  I tried taking one instance variable and just following it's trail through the 3 pieces of code. That isn't getting me anywhere, so I got out one of the other books I have and like. They does it a different way, of course.

Time to take Roxie-dog for a walk and decide which way to go next.


See you soon.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment