My Blog List

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Reviewing Concepts: Time Travel for the Masses

 Please click on the picture above, to see the beautiful details.

Loading program into debugger…
Program loaded.
run
[Switching to process 3340]
The Time Portal at the Las Pilitas Creek Bridge  has been available for public use since 1917
Running…

Debugger stopped.
Program exited with status value:0.

It's been hard not trying to jump ahead and do things I want to do. Whenever I do that I get tangled up in fighting with the documentation and trying out concepts I'm not ready for. Finally I've set some ground rules for myself. Only create my own play-with-it code that works around concepts and code examples I've got working so far. It's really hard not breaking that rule.

I enjoy playing with Time Travel in my daily art-journal, so I've been using ideas from those illustrations and story segments with this work. It makes reviewing book exercises (which I've already done but for which, I don't feel real ownership) much less frustrating. I concentrate on repeating book ideas, but with a little more zing than the typical checkbook balancing code.

I can still read about NSSTring and other concepts I haven't gotten to in the books I'm using, but I don't have to fret about knowing everything I want to know to use them yet.

The following sample is based around an earlier art-journal piece at my Simple Romantic blog. You can read that piece (and see other art-journal entries) by visiting The Simple Romantic.


GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys001
Loading program into debugger…
Program loaded.
run
[Switching to process 3340]
The Time Portal at the Las Pilitas Creek Bridge  has been available for public use since 1917
Running…

Debugger stopped.
Program exited with status value:0.

// TTrav4Masses

// Time Travel for the Masses
// Based on review of ideas page 102 Quick Start Objective C
// These object members are public access
// Though public access is the default, we like to state our
// societal norms
// You never know when ideas about access and egress might change!



#include <stdio.h>

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>


// Class
@interface PortalAccess : NSObject
{
@public
       
    int publicAccessSince;
     
}

@end

// Methods

@implementation PortalAccess

@end

//Main

int main (void) {
   
    PortalAccess *portalAccess = [PortalAccess new];
    portalAccess -> publicAccessSince = 1917;
   
    printf("The Time Portal at the Las Pilitas Creek Bridge  has been available for public use since %i\n", portalAccess -> publicAccessSince);
   
     
    return 0;
}

No comments:

Post a Comment